Mold Damage Emergency Tips
What you can do until help arrives
Mold quickly spreads in as little as 24 hours and becomes a huge issue inside homes.
When taking care of mold remember the following:
- Different types of mold require different products and methods to be used for removal
- Mold can cause health effects
- Use safety equipment rated for mold before coming in proximity with infected areas
- Call a professional to be sure to take care of the problem correctly and effectively
- Mold can hide in drywall and flooring, going undetected
- Mold can have a sweet, musty smell
- If you suspect mold, call a professional to check out the problem as mold can have devastating consequences
SERVPRO of Fredericksburg has been removing and treating mold infested homes and buildings for over 20 years.
We have the necessary equipment, trained technicians, antimicrobials, and advanced mold removing solutions to treat mold growth. If you suspect or see mold growth, give us a call to take care of it for you. You can rest assure that you and your family will remain safe and healthy with SERVPRO of Fredericksburg treating your mold damage.
Have a Mold Problem?
Call Us Today – (540) 373-7000
If you have a mold problem in your home or business, consider the following facts:
- Significant mold growth can occur in 48-72 hours.
- Mold may present a greater risk to children, the elderly, and anyone with respiratory problems.
- A strong, musty odor may indicate hidden mold behind drywall or under carpeting.
What to Do:
- Stay out of affected areas.
- Turn off the HVAC system and fans.
- Contact SERVPRO of Fredericksburg for mold remediation services.
What Not to Do:
- Don’t touch or disturb the mold.
- Don’t blow air across any surfaces with visible or suspected mold growth.
- Don’t attempt to dry the area yourself.
- Don’t spray bleach or other disinfectants on the mold.
Mold Remediation Services
If you suspect that your home or business has a mold problem, SERVPRO of Fredericksburg has the training, equipment, and expertise to handle the situation.
We are proud to serve our local communities:
- Cottage Green