When there’s a water intrusion, like a roof leak or a leaking water line, mold can quickly become a problem in your home or business. Mold can cause health effects and can cause significant damage to your property. Although every mold damage scenario is different requiring a unique solution, the general mold remediation process stays the same. The following steps illustrate a “typical” mold removal process.
- Call SERVPRO of Fredericksburg
- Your property will have an inspection and a damage assessment
- Mold containment will be used if needed
- Specialized air filtration will be used
- We will remove mold and mold-infested materials
- Your belongings and content in your home will be cleaned if needed
- Restoration of your home
Call SERVPRO of Fredericksburg at (540) 373-7000 if you or someone you know is in need of assistance with managing mold in a home or business.
Mold Can Spread Through A Home In As Little As 48 hours.
Microscopic mold spores naturally occur almost everywhere, both outdoors and indoors. This makes it impossible to remove all mold from a home or business. Therefore, mold remediation reduces the mold spore count back to its natural or baseline level. Some restoration businesses advertise “mold removal” and even guarantee to remove all mold, which is a fallacy. Consider the following mold facts:
- Mold is present almost everywhere, indoors and outdoors.
- Mold spores are microscopic and float along in the air and may enter your home through windows, doors, or AC/heating systems or even hitch a ride indoors on your clothing or a pet.
- Mold spores thrive on moist Mold spores can quickly grow into colonies when exposed to water. These colonies may produce allergens and irritants.
- Before mold remediation can begin, any sources of water or moisture must be addressed. Otherwise, the mold may return.
- Mold often produces a strong, musty odor and can lead you to possible mold problem areas.
- Even higher-than-normal indoor humidity can support mold growth. Keep indoor humidity below 45 percent.
If your home or business has a mold problem, we can inspect and assess your property and use our specialized training, equipment, and expertise to remediate your mold infestation.
If you see any signs of mold call SERVPRO® of Fredericksburg today at 540-373-7000