Mold Remediation and Restoration
- 24-Hour Emergency Service
- Faster to Any Size Disaster
- Highly Trained Mold Remediation Technicians
- Specialized Mold Remediation Equipment
- A Trusted Leader in the Restoration Industry
- Locally Owned and Operated
Mold is a type of fungus that can spread very quickly. Since mold can cause health effects, it is something that needs to be taken care of immediately. There are many different types of mold that spread in homes and buildings.
SERVPRO of Fredericksburg has highly trained technicians that are trained to remove all types of mold.
Common Types of Mold
- Alternaria- One of the more common molds found indoors and outdoors is Alternaria. Alternaria usually appears in areas that are both or either damp and dark.
- Aspergillus- This type of mold is similar to Alternaria which grows in damp, dark areas. This mold can grow indoors as well as outdoors.
- Aureobasidium- This mold is most often found on wooden furniture, surfaces, painted walls and wallpaper as well as around windows and in caulk.
- Chaetomium- Chaetomium mold is found in drywall that has experienced water damage.
- Cladosporium- This specific mold can be found indoors in both cool and warm areas. You tend to find to find Cladosporium in carpet, wood floorboards and cabinetry, and fabrics.
Different types of mold also call for different types of cleaning techniques and supplies used. Here at SERVPRO of Fredericksburg, we test mold to make sure the correct equipment and cleaning agents are being used to remove the mold. We also use antimicrobial to make sure the mold does not come back and this prevents any future mold growth.
If You See Signs of Mold,
Call Us Today – (540) 373-7000
Microscopic mold spores exist almost everywhere, outdoors and indoors, making it impossible to remove all mold from a home or business. Some restoration businesses advertise “mold removal” and even guarantee to remove all mold, which is a fallacy. Consider the following mold facts:
- Mold is present almost everywhere, indoors and outdoors.
- Mold spores are microscopic and float along in the air and may enter your home through windows, doors, or AC/heating systems or even hitch a ride indoors on your clothing or a pet.
- Mold spores thrive on moisture. Mold spores can quickly grow into colonies when exposed to water. These colonies may produce allergens and irritants.
- Before mold remediation can begin, any sources of water or moisture must be addressed. Otherwise, the mold may return.
- Mold often produces a strong, musty odor and can lead you to possible mold problem areas.
- Even higher-than-normal indoor humidity can support mold growth. Keep indoor humidity below 45 percent.
Why Choose SERVPRO of Fredericksburg?
We’re Faster to Any Size Disaster
In as little as 48 hours, a minor mold issue can quickly spread through a home or business. Once you contact us, we’re dedicated to starting the remediation process quickly. This fast response lessens the mold damage, limits additional damage, and reduces the remediation cost.
We’re Highly Trained Mold Remediation Specialists
As water and mold damage specialists, we have the experience, the expertise, and the advanced training that enables us to get your property restored quickly and thoroughly.
- Applied Microbial Remediation Specialist
- Water Damage Restoration Technician
- Applied Structural Drying Technician
We Use Advanced Mold Remediation Techniques and Equipment
Our advanced equipment helps to detect and stop the source of water feeding the mold. We then isolate the affected area using a negative air pressure chamber.
The Mold Remediation Process
Every mold damage scenario is different, and requires a unique solution, but the general mold remediation process stays the same. The steps listed below illustrate our “typical” process:
- Emergency Contact - (540) 373-7000
- Inspection and Mold Damage Assessment
- Mold Containment
- Air Filtration
- Removing Mold and Mold-Infested Materials
- Cleaning Contents and Belongings
Common Mold Misconceptions
With sensational news stories and misleading advertising, you can easily understand why so many people are misinformed about indoor mold. Learn the facts about mold and the mold remediation process.
Locally Owned Company with National Resources
SERVPRO of Fredericksburg is locally owned and operated—so we live and work here too and are proud to be part of this community. We are proud to provide mold remediation services in our local communities:
We are proud to serve our local communities: