Home Inspection / Prep for Spring
Here are some Helpful Hints to help with inspecting and repairing your home after the Cold Harsh Winter!
- Inspect the roof – Look for any damaged, loose or missing shingles. Inspect chimney flashings and check skylight seals.
- Remove any leaves and debris from gutters – Check to make sure all downspouts and gutters are still secured to the home.
- If you have an Attic- - Look in the attic for any evidence of leaks. Also inspect for any signs that critters may have decided to make your home their home during the cold months.
- Examine your windows and doors – Look for leaks to make sure your seals and weather-stripping are in good condition.
- Check any exterior drain for clogging.
- Check any asphalt and concrete for cracking that may have occurred during the winter months.
- Check your foundation for cracks that may need to be repaired.
- Have your chimney inspected and cleaned by a professional so it is ready for next winter.