Christmas Tree Safety Tips
The holidays are in full force and with Christmas being right around the corner many people are
beginning to buy and put up their trees.
Below are a few Christmas tree safety tips to ensure you have a happy and safe holiday season.
- When choosing a tree try to choose one high in moisture rather than a dry one. One
thing to look for is needles that do not fall off when touched.
- Water your tree daily to ensure it doesn’t dry out and pose a potential fire hazard.
- Always turn off tree lights when you are leaving your home or at night.
- Make sure your tree is away from heat sources such as candles, fireplaces, radiators, heat vents, etc.
- Replace any strands of lights that have loose bulbs or frayed wires.
- Check the label before choosing lights to place on your tree. Some lights are specifically made for outdoors vs. indoors. Also, opt for low watt lights.
- At most only attach three strings of lights to an extension cord.