School Bus Stop Safety Tips
School Bus Stop Safety Tips!
School is about to begin a new year and children will be waiting for the bus to pick them up and then return them safely to their bus stops. Bus stops are a place for safety concerns for our children. Below are a few safety tips to help children be safe while waiting for the bus, getting on the bus and getting off the bus.
- Always arrive at the bus stop prior to the scheduled time that your bus is suppose to arrive. This will help avoid rushing and the possibility of accidents.
- The bus stop is not a playground and children should refrain from running and playing in this area.
- Children and parents should always stay 8 ft. or more back from the edge of the road when waiting for the bus.
- Always wait for the bus to come to a complete stop and the door to open before approaching the bus to enter.
- Do not distract the driver.
- Stay in your seat.
- Do not put your hands, arms or head out the windows.
- Do not put your belongs in the walkway.
- Never walk behind the school bus and only cross in front of the bus after the driver has given you permission and at least 10 feet in front.
- Look both ways before crossing.