Spring Cleaning Tips-Part 2
Spring Cleaning Tips-Part 2
Spring Cleaning Tips - Part 2
• Clean your ceiling fan motors, blades and globes.
• Clean light fixture and globes.
• Dust above all your doors, door openings, crown molding and windows.
• Clean drapes and blinds.
• Clean windows, window sills and trim.
• Clean above kitchen cabinets if they do not go to the ceilings.
• Clean inside kitchen cabinets and cabinet drawers if needed.
• Clean shower curtains (most can be put in the washing machine) and the tub drain.
• Clean toilet tank (use the proper cleaning chemicals).
• Clean under bathroom sinks and clean the sink drain.
• Clean Baseboards and HVAC vent covers, vacuum out vents.
• Change HVAC filters if needed.
• Take area rugs outside and shake, wash if possible.
• Change bed linens from winter linens to spring linens.
• Clean out closets and donate unwanted items.
• Clean all trash cans, kitchen and bathrooms. Hint – Put a dryer sheet in the bottom for a fresh smell.
Indoor Spring Cleaning Tips-Appliances Part 1
Indoor Spring Cleaning Tips-Appliances
Indoor Spring Cleaning Tips From SERVPRO® of Fredericksburg:
Part 1 - Appliances
- Clean your major appliances outside, inside and behind if possible: refrigerator and refrigerator coils, range, oven and exhaust hood, freezer, dishwasher, garbage disposal and microwave.
- Clean the outside, inside, behind and under your washer and dryer, also clean your dryer line. If you can not clean your dryer line yourself have a professional do it. Dryer lines build up lint and can catch fire.
- Clean all small appliances inside and out - toaster, coffee pot, blender, etc.
- Clean your vacuum cleaner and air cleaners and replace the filters if needed.
- Clean your dehumidifiers and replace any filters that need replacing.
- When replacing filters, it is a good idea to write the date on them and mark it on your calendar.
- Clean the head on your paper shredder - it will help it to operate more efficiently.
Prepare To Spruce Up Your Home For The Winter
In preparing to spruce up your home for the winter, call SERVPRO® of Fredericksburg at 540-373-7000 to provide you with all our expert non-emergency home services. Carpet Cleaning, Upholstery Cleaning, Drapery Cleaning and HVAC/Duct Cleaning Services.
Here is a list to help you prepare your home for the winter months ahead.
• Seal gaps and cracks around windows and doors with weather-stripping and caulk. Take down screens and put down storm windows.
• Inspect your roof for damaged or curled shingles, corroded flashing, or leaky vents.
• Take steps to repair damaged sidewalks, driveways, and steps.
• Drain and winterize outdoor faucets and irrigation systems.
• Have a professional inspect your heating system.
• Schedule a chimney sweep company to inspect your fireplace for soot or creosote build-up and cracks.
• Inspect gutters and downspouts for clogs and make sure they are secured to the building.
• Wood stoves are making a comeback. To avoid a deadly situation, be sure to inspect yours before firing it up.
• Start your generator and prepare it for winter.
• A home safety check should be an annual ritual in every household. Test smoke and CO monitors, inspect (or install) fire extinguishers, review fire escape plans.